The new Porsche 911 is here, more precisely the face-lifted Porsche 911. However, this facelift is not what you would expect to see from an ordinary facelift.
Something has dramatically changed with the 911! The Porsche 911 Carrera and Carrera S models do not offer atmospheric engines any longer. They both feature turbo engines. That isn’t a typo. The Porsche 911 family now features turbo engines besides the 911 Turbo model.
Why did Porsche leave the atmospheric engines? Simple! Consumption and CO2 regulations.
- Let’s go back to the facelift. I will not dramatize each new function and will write them straightforwardly.
- Rear-wheel steering. It is optional, not super innovative. Nevertheless, worth getting.
- Multi-touch Porsche Communication Management (PCM). Now, it senses multi-touch, so buy it! It also can recognise handwriting.
- Carrera features 3-lt 370 HP and S features 3-lt 420 HP, thanks to the turbo.
- Now you have Porsche’s Manetinno system, and you can choose different driving modes. Normal, Sport, Sport Plus, and Individual, like in the Audi.
- The Sport Response Button helps you to improve your overtaking manoeuvre better and faster. I wonder whom will you be trying to overtake with a Porsche and run out of power?
- New PASM suspension system can lower the car 10 mm!
- Now, you can lift the front of the car 40 mm to save the front-end from steep hills and speed bumps.
- Your iPhone can run on the PCM system thanks to Apple CarPlay, and Apple’s best navigation system Google Earth + Google StreetView will company CarPlay.
- Optional automatic speed control can brake the car while using cruise control. Buy it. It is useful.
- The pre-collision system is standard with all models, and that’s really good. None of the competition offers this technology.
- Lane assist and blind spot assists are optional, and you should get them.
The new Porsche 911 created a new chapter in its story. With the turbo engines, nothing will be the same again! Come on, go buy one!
Photo Credit | Porsche