Mercedes-Benz just revealed its C43 AMG 4MATIC Coupe prior to the Geneva Motor Show. I am not a fan of AMG cars but Mercedes-Benz developed a car that has captured my attention. Why? It is a 4MATIC coupe and an AMG. Usually, AMG cars are rear-wheel drive and struggle to transfer power from the engine to the rear-wheels! However, 4MATIC enables the engine to transfer power to all four wheels and avoid any traction loss! This means one thing, very rapid acceleration and handling inside the corners!
Wait a second what happened to the C63 AMG? C 43 is a rival of the BMW M235i and Audi S3? Note: The last C43 was released in the year 2000!
Here are some of the highlights!
- 3.0-litre V6 twin-turbo engine with modified engine control unit, increased boost pressure and far higher dynamics and high-revving
- 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission with double-declutching function when shifting down and exhilaratingly short response times in “Sport Plus” mode
- AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with rear-biased torque distribution of 31 to 69 percent (front axle to rear axle)
- AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension with adaptive variable damping in three stages, mode can be selected via button, adopted from Mercedes‑AMG C 63
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT switch for dynamic, individually selectable driving experience with five drive modes and AMG-specific parameterisation
- Three-stage Electronic Stability Program ESP®
- Front axle with newly developed steering knuckles and load-bearing joints on the spring link.
- Elastokinematic adjustments to the links have been adopted from the Mercedes-AMG C 63
- Rear axle with elastokinematics tailored to higher driving dynamics
- Large braking system with internally ventilated compound brake discs, perforated at the front with a diameter of 360 mm, and with a diameter of 320 mm at the rear
- AMG styling with distinctive front and rear apron as well as special exhaust tailpipes
- Diamond radiator grille with chrome-plated pins and louvre in high-gloss black
- 18″ AMG light-alloy wheels in 5-spoke design, painted high-gloss black with a high-sheen finish
- AMG instrument cluster with chequered flag design with 280 km/h scale and AMG main menu
- Multifunction sports steering wheel in leather with deep embossing in grip area, flattened bottom section, with red contrasting topstitching
- Upholstery in ARTICO man-made leather / DINAMICA microfibre in black with sports seat upholstery layout and red topstitching
Photo Credits | Mercedes-Benz