Today is 100th birthday of the BMW! As you will be expecting, BMW is celebrating and revealed their 100th year car, BMW VISION NEXT 100. The design of the car involved with taking account all the trends and technological developments that are relevant to BMW decades ahead. VISON NEXT 100 is a future scenario of what BMW will be revealing in future. Focused on autonomous driving and new assistance systems!
(My personal view, BMW VISION NEXT 100 reminded me the expensive hand bags!)
BMW VISION NEXT 100 is vision to the 4D printing;
BMW Group refers to 4D printing, a process which adds a fourth level to components: the functional one. In the years ahead, printed parts manufactured in this way will directly integrate functions which today have to be designed and produced separately before being incorporated into the whole.
BMW introduced a new concept Alive Geometry;
Alive Geometry consists of almost 800 moving triangles which are set into the instrument panel and into certain areas of the side panels. They work in three dimensions, communicating very directly with the driver through their movements, which are more like gestures than two-dimensional depictions on a display.
The triangles work in much the same way as a flock of birds in controlled flight, their coordinated movements acting as signals that are easily comprehensible to those inside the car. Combined with the Head-Up display, they involve the driver in a form of preconscious communication, where an intuitive signal predicts an imminent real-time event.
Some notes from the birthday party of BMW;
- As a global organisation, the Group employs more than 122,000 people at 140 locations around the world. Almost all of them will have the opportunity to come together to watch the show at the Munich Olympic Hall!
- BMW VISION NEXT 100 will be travelling the world!
- Beijing (5-15 May) – BMW VISION NEXT 100 makes its Asian debut
- London (16-26 June) – MINI and Rolls-Royce Vision Vehicles to be unveiled
- Los Angeles (11-16 October) – BMW Motorrad Vision Vehicle makes its world debut
- 9-11 September 2016 will see Munich host the BMW Festival – THE NEXT 100 YEARS
Will be updated!