Bentley announced the new face of the Mulsanne family. Bentley decided to add a new style to the Mulsane: an extended wheelbase (+250 mm). Based on my experience, the Mulsanne needed an extended wheelbase, however, the new Mulsanne now weighs more than 2.5-tonnes!
Mulsanne looks more tempting than ever and has improved its pre-crash and safety features, which were both necessary. With that said, it is still a very heavy car! I will update the photos once I spot this new Mulsanne at Jack Barlcay in London.
Here are some of the facts;
- The Mulsanne Speed, 6¾-litre twin-turbo V8 engine with 537 PS (530 bhp / 395 kW) and 1,100 Nm (811 lb.ft) of torque resulting in a 0-60 mph time of just 4.9 seconds and a top speed of 190 mph.
- The Mulsanne, 6¾-litre V8 develops 512 PS (505 bhp / 377 kW) and 1,020 Nm (752 lb.ft) of torque. 5.1 seconds en route to a top speed of 184 mph (296 km/h
- Automatic gearbox is still ZF 8-speed.
- “‘S’ mode gives the driver even more control, and maintains the engine speed above 2,000 rpm so that the turbochargers are always spooled and ready to deliver instantaneous performance.”
- All LED headlights automatically suits to the driving conditions and high beam assist.
- “The main 8” display touch screen is connected to a 60 GB solid-state hard drive for the storage of on-board media.”
- “Between 10 km/h and 250 km/h the Blind Spot Warning system detects vehicles behind the Mulsanne and in its blind spots, predicting the possibility of a collision. Visual warnings are issued to the driver via flashing lights in the door mirrors.”
- “For additional safety while on the move, the new Mulsanne comes with Advanced Automatic Stability Control (ASC) including collision mitigation features.”
- And Bentley entertainment 10.2″ tablet based on Android!
Photo Credits | Bentley